More Ground to Cover

More Ground to Cover

I took some time this weekend to "geo-tag" my picture albums and I must say, I am quite pleased with the result. Obtaining an API key from Google (read as: permission to use their wonderful maps service) was a snap; as was using GPlotter. On my end, I used a couple of sources (1 and 2) to help find the longitudes and latitudes of my destinations. I encoded these into an XML file and fed it to GPlotter which, in turn, fed it to Google Maps. Bada bing, bada boom, mini-project: Picture Map was complete!

As you can see from this screenshot, I have a lot more whitespace to fill :-P

Posted: November 19, 2007 | | comments

spinner